Saturday, January 10, 2009

Elemental Quark Music - special post!

This post is about Elemental Quark music. Although,and I must confess, I haven't understood it completely myself, I can give you a basic picture of what it really is.

Here is where my explanation begins -
The note middle C is supposed to be a sound wave having frequency 256Hz.The higher C is of frequency 512Hz and it goes on in powers of 2. The notes in between middle C and the higher octave C consist of all the frequencies between 256hz and 512Hz. These are usually equally spaced(you do the math cause I've already done it!) and so you get the notes C#,D,D#,E,F,F#,G,G#,A,A# and B.

Elemental Quark is without divisions and equal spacing. What you end up getting is the complete frequency spectrum.So, you get notes that are not only C,C#,but also everything between C and C#.

Of course, you'll probably be wondering how things aren't discordant in such a form of music. The answer to this question is 2 words - "Acquired taste."

If you've noticed, Earthlings have already started using a rudimentary form of this music. Pitch bending is a technology that gives you access to all the notes. Apart from this, a technique of hitting the right notes at the right time (although, it may seem arbit) is shown with great precision in many forms of Jazz.

Some of the popular Elemental Quark bands are -
a) Ked Lepellin - I've already mentioned them before. These guys play hard core Elemental Quark and are by far the most popular of all.Their most listened to song is called Star Cruiser.

b) Death, Soul and Dark Lords - They play dark core elemental quark. They're good if you're into that kind of stuff. Their most listened to song is called "Die! All creatures of the universe."

c) Scaling time - They play Smooth core elemental quark music. Listening to this kind of music reminds most species of silk (we're not the only one's who have silk!).
Their most listened to song is called "worm my way into the black hole."

1 comment:

Rookie said...

The technicality went waaay over my head. But I love Ked Leppelin! I love their single " Vacuum Cleaner, Cleaner Vacuum".