Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Untitled

" Can you create love? Human beings will probably never be able to understand each other. Perhaps if someone took the effort to follow and understand a person every step of the way, sacrificing his own individual identity, it might be possible for one person to truly understand another. But, will there be any use of that? But, love - love does not need understanding. So, can you create love?" he asked the young girl walking beside him.

Blue looked at him with an amused smile and said, "Just because this world is more peaceful than yours, does not mean that there is no pain here. Even I know that love cannot be created. it just exists."

The old man understood. The pain of loss is found in all worlds.

"Do you see that man there? He lost his daughter to an incurable disease and now he has shut himself from the rest of the world. I cannot feel his emotions. I cannot feel his pain anymore."

He looked at the man sitting motionless on a chair with an impassive face that did not betray even the slightest sign of emotion.

"But, why?", he thought to himself.

She answered as if he had said it out aloud.
"I don't know exactly. Maybe because his pain was so great that he did not want consolation.
Maybe because the first sign of emotion that the world showed him was not that of understanding, but that of pity at his fate.
Maybe because he did not want to show his vulnerability - the "immaturity" in his view, of not being able to accept the ways of life and the ways of this world.
We are proud beings and nothing can change that. Pride gives us the will to achieve and can also be our greatest downfall. It will never allow us to give up our individuality
."

"So,how do you know so much?" he asked inquisitively with an intrigued look on his face.

"Because among a flood of others who showed pity, I found another who showed understanding when I needed it."

"So the question returns. Is understanding the only way for human beings to truly co-exist?"

Blue looked far away into the distance and sighed.
"Maybe, if I had found someone who cared about what I did with my life and tried to understand what I felt, I may have found myself here, having more or less the same conversation with you, only I could've told you for sure" she said smiling at him.

2 comments:

Rahul Sekhar said...

Deep :) I like the way you wrote that..

Rookie said...

Perfect! You are beginning to surpass yourself every single time.