Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Untitled 3

The environment changed to that of a lake. The old man and Blue were sitting in the middle of it under a tree filled with pink blossoms.
They looked at their reflection in the lake.

"What do you see?" asked blue.

"Regret" replied the old man. "What do you see?" he asked.

"I see the pain of regret" she said.
"How do you feel?" she asked slowly.

He looked up into her genuinely concerned eyes and sighed."I feel like a fool. I feel like I've betrayed and humiliated myself. I loathe myself more than anyone in this universe. I despise myself." His voice had become bitter and his reflection became older. More wrinkles appeared on his face and the rings around his eyes seemed to become more hollow.

"I made the wrong choice. I'm sure of it now for I am unable to live with myself. Do I want to be alone? No. Do I want to be with someone? No. Do I want to be with friends? what friends? I let them all down. Do I want to laugh? Bitterly. Do I want to cry? I wish i didn't want to. Do I want to move on with my life? No. Do I want to stand still? Desperately..."

Suddenly, the lake disappeared and they were back in the dark room.
Blue found herself trapped in a cage. She shook the bars of the cage in a desperate attempt to break out.

The old man found himself surrounded by all the people he ever cared about. A stentorian voice spoke in the darkness from above. The room started to spin around them and the candle fell and set the table on fire.

"YOU LET EVERYONE DOWN! NOW YOU AND YOU ALONE HAVE TO PAY THE PRICE. YOU WILL GROW OLDER AND MORE DECREPIT, BUT YOU WILL NEVER DIE! YOU WILL NEVER DIE!"

"Stop it! PLease!" screamed Blue back at the unknown voice.

But the voice did not stop. The flames roared around them. The old man fell on his knees as tears broke out of his eyes. In a soft voice he spoke. "I'm so sorry......I'm so so sorry."

A gallant knight broke open the door and said,"I'm going in."
He jumped straight into the fire fearing nothing. He broke open the cage and carried Blue out of the fire and then went back in for the old man.

Blue found herself back at the lake. She looked at her reflection in the water. Tears streamed down her face in silence.

4 comments:

La said...

Is there more?

Varsh, it's beautiful, everything you've said... :)

perfect melange said...

Nope! That's it... Thats the end. There's nothing more to write.
Thanks! :-)
I was a little skeptical about whether or not you'd like it.

La said...

i love it! :)

Rookie said...

Whew! I'm at a loss for words. Just one comes to mind - overwhelming.